10.29.2008

October 28th Snow Day?

That's right, yesterday we got our first snow of the year. I had not expected it to be this early but it was a nice surprise. The morning began cold and rainy, which I was very excited about. By 10:30 am it had turned to snow as you can see in the first video. 30 minutes later we had a nice dusting of the white stuff as the second video shows. From what I could tell it was no big deal for my fellow New Jerseyans but it was pretty good compared to a Tennessee snow, where it probably would have closed schools for a few days. I am looking forward to the "real snows" this winter. This has not historically been Laura's kind of weather but I think it is growing on her. I am planning a winter wardrobe budget for her that will consist of socks, long johns, mittens, scarves, and ear muffs. Hopefully she won't freeze. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

-rtp


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better keep my baby warm!

a.d.g. said...

yay!! i'm so glad you all are bloggin! i just stumbled across it in adam's email. i just read all of your posts and made me miss you guys even more than i already do! if you want a little grigsby blog to read...mine's somecallmegreg.blogspot.com